1. Stone Grout: This type of grout is made from small stones that were crushed together and then mixed with a mortar or cement. Over time, these small pieces can get covered in dirt, dust, and other debris. To keep stone grout looking clean and fresh, you will need to clean it regularly using a professional cleaning service. You can even search online for more information about grout cleaning perth .
Image Source: Google
2. Ceramic Tile & Grout: Like stone grout, ceramic tile and grout can also get covered in dirt, dust, and other debris over time. However, this type of grout is made from porcelain pieces that are heated until they become soft. This means that it is easier to damage than stone grout, so it is important to take care when cleaning it.
When is it Time to Call in Professional Help?
– Your grout is showing signs of wear and tear. If it's not cleaned on a regular basis, dirt, dust and other debris can accumulate. This can lead to brown spots on the surface of your grout, which will look ugly and unsightly.
– Your grout is damaged. If water or spills get trapped behind the tiles, they can cause damage that requires professional intervention. Water can seep into the cracks between the tiles, which can loosen them and cause them to fall out. Spills may also cause mold and mildew to grow, which will make your grout look dirty and stained.
– There are bacteria present in dirty water and spilled drinks that can form biofilms on surfaces – including tile – which can cause damage over time.